A Supernatural Blog

A Supernatural blog dedicated to spreading all the most recent news on America's favorite ghost hunting brothers.

2.23.2010

Just to Clarify


Just To Clarify
A Skeptic Fan

I just want to clarify.
I don't think I've been entirely clear and I just need to keep it simplistic. It's not that I think a sixth season is impossible. It's very plausible to come up with any number of storylines for a sixth season and I have read a few that I like. I'm particularly fond of the rebuilding of the boys relationship from the broken, shattered pieces it's become. Other suggestions I've read just aren't realistic such as the 'Simpler Times' storyline. Things aren't going to be simple for them, not anytime soon. They are broken boys.

Now, even though I have agreed that there is always the potential to create a sixth season, that doesn't necessarily mean I like the idea. My biggest draw to the series was always the story line, of which Sam and Dean's relationship plays heavily into. My question is, where does the series go after they have built it up again if they can?

Also, my greatest concern and everything that I've been arguing for is how it will effect the story told in the previous seasons. Sure season six will be a story of its own, but you can't simply ignore the first five seasons to do that. They're going to impact each other. Everyone has this kind of blind faith in Kripke's team, but this is a slippery slope to climb with everything that has happened. I just don't want to see the integrity of the previous story hurt. And when I read some people's response it's like that isn't even taken into consideration and that kind of... annoys me because Kripke has put so much time and effort into his original story. To suddenly have to be change it to adapt it for another season. It feels like it's taking away from that first story.

I'd love to keep watching the boys, but not at the cost of the storyline.

S.Wesson

No comments:

Post a Comment